08-29-23 PLAN MINS
MINUTES OF THE LOUTH TOWN COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE
HELD IN THE OLD COURT ROOM, THE SESSIONS HOUSE, LOUTH
ON TUESDAY 29th AUGUST 2023
Councillor Mrs. S. Crew (SC) (in the chair).
Present Councillors: M. Barnes (MB), J. Baskett (JB), L. M. Cooney (LMC), L. Frost (LF), M. Lamb (ML), Mrs. J. Makinson-Sanders (JMS), Mrs. K. Parsons (KP), J. Simmons (JS) and P. Starsmore (PS).
Councillors not present: Mrs. E. Ballard (EB), J. Drake (JD), H. Filer (HF), D. Hobson (DH), G. E. Horton (GEH) and Mrs. P. F. Watson (PFW).
The Town Clerk Mrs. L. M. Phillips, the Town Clerk’s Assistant Miss. S. Chitauro and one member of the public were also present.
- Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Mrs. EB, JD, HF, DH, GEH and Mrs. PFW.
- Declarations of Interest / Dispensations
The following declarations of interest were made:
- Mrs. JMS – Agenda items 4, 5 and 6 as a member of ELDC.
- MB – Planning applications 2 and 3 as an acquaintance of the applicant.
It was RESOLVED that the notes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 8th August 2023 be approved as the minutes.
- Applications received by the Local Planning Authority
The Committee considered all planning applications received, including those listed in the schedule (PA/Schedule 08-29-23) and RESOLVED as follows:
- N/105/01376/23 – Louth Town Council originally objected to this application on 8th August 2023 and after further consideration on 29th August 2023 objected again on the grounds that the proposals were overbearing in terms of height, being much taller than neighbouring properties. As the site is in the conservation area this will have a detrimental effect on the conservation area in general and surrounding listed buildings, negatively impacting the skyline and the view of St. James’ Church from the Old Cemetery, resulting in the loss of public visual amenity.
- N/105/01539/23 – To object to this application on the grounds of traffic generation, access and highway safety.
- N/105/01646/23 – To object to this application on the grounds that the proposed dwelling is overbearing in terms of height and size and it is sited too close to other residential boundaries. Therefore, it will overshadow its neighbours and harm their amenities. The location of the proposed access, being in close proximity to 180b Eastgate, will also have an adverse impact on that property’s residents.
- N/105/00925/23 – To object to this application on the grounds that the proposals are overbearing for the size of the site. The Council were concerned about the layout and density of buildings and felt that the egress was dangerous, having a very poor visual splay due to the line of parked cars, always present, on the side of Upgate and effectively making a double crossroads on Upgate, being located opposite Quarryside and next to an existing extremely busy traffic light controlled crossroads.
- To support all other applications.
- Planning Correspondence
The Committee noted the following planning correspondence:
- ELDC Planning Decisions
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01125/23 – Planning Permission – Little Compass, 1 Westgate, Louth – LTC Neutral 20/06/2023.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01116/23 – Planning Permission – 14 – 16 Aswell Street, Louth – LTC Supported 20/06/2023.
- ELDC Planning Decisions
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01102/23 – Planning Permission – 9 Beck Way, Louth – LTC Supported 20/06/2023.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/00596/23 – Planning Permission – 24 Grosvenor Road, Louth – LTC Supported 08/08/2023.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01075/23 – Section 73 Application – Scout Hut, Thames Street, Louth – LTC Supported 11/07/23.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/00484/23 – Planning Permission – Unit 6a, Louth Trading Estate, Louth – LTC Supported 08/08/23.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01279/23 – Planning Permission – The Limes, 1 St. Mary’s Park, Louth.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/01052/23 – Consent to Display an Advertisement – 112 – 115 Eastgate, Louth – LTC Supported 11/07/23.
- ELDC Approved – N/105/00943/23 – Consent to Display an Advertisement – 23 Queen Street, Louth – LTC Supported 08/08/23.
- Temporary Traffic Restrictions
- ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR RESTRICTION: LCC
REASON FOR RESTRICTION: Traffic sign installation and road markings
NATURE AND LOCATION OF RESTRICTION: Road Closure Order – Cornmarket and Market Place. No Waiting and No Loading at Any Time Order – Cornmarket and Market Place (Parking area).
PERIOD OF RESTRICTION: 11/09/2023 – 18/09/2023 (Restrictions to be implemented for 8 days as and when required during this period. Signage will be displayed on site in advance).
- ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR RESTRICTION: OCU Group
REASON FOR RESTRICTION: Electrical service alteration
NATURE AND LOCATION OF RESTRICTION: Road Closure Order – Northgate (Between Vickers Lane and Eve Street)
PERIOD OF RESTRICTION: 17/09/2023 – 19/09/2023 (Restrictions to be implemented for 3 days as and when required during this period. Signage will be displayed on site in advance).
- Land at Park Avenue, Louth. Please note that a full investigation into potential breach of planning control caused by untidy land will be taking place at the aforementioned address.
- Proposed Works to Trees
It was RESOLVED that the Committee would support the following proposed tree work:
- Location: Skylark House, 63 Horncastle Road. Proposal: T53 – Sycamore – Fell. Reasons: T53 – Diseased, dying, and overhanging road.
- Next Meeting
It was noted that the date of the next scheduled Planning Committee meeting was 19th September 2023.
The Meeting Closed at 9.26pm.
Signed_______________________ (Chairman) Dated_________________________