NOTICE -Emergency Measures Effective 5th November 2020
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 came into force in England on 5th November 2020.
The Regulations state that no person may leave home or be outside of the place where they are living without reasonable excuse. (see Part 2 5.-(1) for reasons).
In accordance with these regulations the London Road Cemetery is closed to the public except:
(a) for funerals or burials
(b) for a commemorative event celebrating the life of a person who has died
(c) to visit the burial ground or garden of remembrance, to pay respects to a member of the person’s household, a family member or friend (see Part 4 18.-(10)
Please do not enter the Cemetery Grounds for any reason except for the three above.
We apologise and offer sympathies in advance for any upset that this might cause during these challenging times.
The Louth Cemetery is on the London Road on the road to Skegness from Louth.
There are over 29,000 burials at the Cemetery which was first opened in 1855.
Bookings for the Cemetery are processed through the Town Council Offices, but you can download a number of information sheets and forms – see the bottom of the page.
The Cemetery Opening Hours are from dawn till dusk.
Family History Enquiries
Please note, any family history enquiries should be made to the office using the form below. Please note we cannot undertake a search without the name and approximate year of death of the relative you wish to find.
Please note that your information will be processed in accordance with the law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulations. The information that you provide will only be used for Council purposes unless there is a legal authority to do otherwise. Council purposes may include circulation to elected representatives and discussion at Council or Council Committees. The contents of e-mails may also have to be disclosed if requested under the General Data Protection Regulations and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Interment & Memorial forms /regulations/ information
- Current Table of Fees (opens in a new window)
- Cemetery Map/Compartment Plan (opens in a new window)
- Cemetery Regulations (opens in a new window)
- Cemetery Memorials Guidance (opens in a new window)
- Cemetery Privacy Notice (opens in a new window)
- Form of Assent (opens in a new window)
- EXRT Rights of Burial Application form (opens in a new window)
- Exclusive Rights of Burial info guide (opens in a new window)
- Interment application form (opens in a new window)
- Memorial Fix Application (opens in a new window)
- Deed of assignment, right of burial (opens in a new window)
- Change of address (opens in a new window)
- Statutory declaration form (opens in a new window)
- Form of renunciation right of burial (opens in a new window)