Louth Town Council
The Sessions House, Eastgate,
Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 9AJ
Annual Meeting – Election of Mayor
To the Members of the Town Council of Louth:
You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of Louth Town Council which will be held on Tuesday 16th May 2023 in the Old Court Room, The Sessions House, Eastgate, Louth at 7pm. The business to be dealt with at the meeting is listed in the agenda below.
Please note there will be no public forum.
Mrs. L.M. Phillips
Dated this 11th Day of May 2023
ROBED TOWN COUNCIL
(Membership: All Cllrs.)
- Election of Mayor (Chairman)
Council to receive nominations and to elect the Mayor of Louth (Chairman) to hold office until the Annual Meeting of Louth Town Council in 2024, followed by:
- Mayor to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- Mayor’s Address – The Mayor to address and thank the Council.
- Vote of Thanks to the Retiring Mayor
- The Mayor will offer a vote of thanks to the retiring Mayor.
- The Mayor will present a replica of the Arms of the Town to the retiring Mayor.
- Reply of the Retiring Mayor
- Cllr. JB will reply and present the Arms, for Services to the Town, to his chosen recipient.
- Appointment of Chaplain, The Mayor will announce the arrangements they have made.
- Election of Deputy Mayor
Council to receive nominations and to elect Deputy Mayor (Vice Chairman) to hold office until the Annual Meeting of Louth Town Council in 2024.
- Councillors Declarations of Acceptance of Office and Council Vacancies
Town Clerk to confirm any Council vacancies and that signed Declarations of Acceptance of Office have been received from all Councillors.
- Apologies for Absence
To receive and note apologies where valid reasons for absence have been given to the Town Clerk at least one hour prior to the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act, 2011 – being any pecuniary interest in agenda items not previously recorded on Members’ Register of Interests and any written requests for dispensation received by the Proper Officer under section 22 of the Localism Act.
- Council Minutes
To approve as a correct record the notes of the Council Meetings held on 14th March 2023 and 25th April 2023.
- Committee Minutes
To confirm receipt of the minutes and adopt resolutions contained therein of the following Committee Meetings:
- Planning – 5th April 2023
- Governance and Finance – 21st February 2023
- Louth Town Council Governance
Council to confirm that Governance Documents such as Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Risk Management and Internal Controls, the Asset Register, Insurance arrangements, the Council’s Complaints Procedure, all policies relating to GDPR, the Handling of Freedom of Information Requests Policy, Media Policy and other policies and procedures were reviewed and adopted in 2022/23. (Available to view from the office or print at louthtowncouncil.gov.uk).
- Committees of the Council
On a proposal by the Mayor, seconded by the Deputy Mayor, Council to re-establish Committees, as Committees of Louth Town Council and confirm membership, terms of reference and delegated authority as contained within Standing Orders:
- Planning Committee (P), All Members
- Governance and Finance Committee (G), All Members
- Community Resources Committee (C), All Members; and
- Personnel (H) Committee, 7 Members (not to include the Mayor), (2022/23: JMS, SC, EB, GEH, DEW, JS, DH).
- Town Clerk
On a proposal by the Mayor, seconded by the Deputy Mayor, Council to confirm delegated authority to the Town Clerk as contained within Standing Orders and Financial Regulations and as previously approved on 21st February 2023.
- Representation on External Bodies and Arrangements for Reporting Back
Council to note representation as follows:
- Louth United Charities – Cllrs. Mrs. SEL, Mrs. JMS, DEW, Mrs. SC, Mrs. JS and AL.
- King Edward VI Almshouse School and Educational Charity of Louth – Cllrs. AL, DH and Mrs. SC.
- Louth Navigation Regeneration Partnership – Cllr. Mrs. PFW with Cllrs. Mrs. JS to substitute, as required.
- CCTV Partnership – Cllr. Mrs. EB and Town Clerk
- Council’s Membership of Other Bodies
Council to note that Louth Town Council is a subscriber to / associate of / registered with:
- Lincolnshire Association of Local Councils (LALC)
- National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
- LALC Annual Training Scheme
- Historic Towns Forum (Free associate)
- The Information Commissioners Office
- The Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management
- Rural Market Towns Group
- Meetings of the Council
On a proposal by the Mayor, seconded by the Deputy Mayor, Council to confirm that it approved it’s schedule of meetings for 2023/24 on 25th April 2023, these to be physical meetings unless legislation allows. The Town Clerk to issue summons by email, accordingly.
- Nominated Key Holders
Council to note nominated key holders of The Sessions House, which role involves opening/closing up of Sessions House as required and being on call to deal with Chubb Fire and Security in the event of the building’s alarm being activated overnight or at weekends are currently as follows: JB, DH, SC with the newly elected Mayor to also join.
- Cheque Signatories
Council to note signatories, as follows and resolve upon replacements for Mrs. SEL and AL on the NSI Account:
- Lloyds Account – EB, JMS, LMC, JS, SC
- NSI Account – SC, EB, Mrs. SEL, DH and AL
- LALC Management Committee
Council to note that it has been asked to nominate a member/clerk to act as representatives on the Association’s Management Committee. (Attached).
- Louth Trump Cards
Council to consider granting permission for excerpts from the Brown’s Panorama to be included on Trump Cards for Louth. ELDC, Louth Museum and Heritage Lincolnshire are hoping to produce 105 packs with funding that they have procured, the majority of which will be offered for sale at Louth Museum.
- Date of Next Meeting
Council to note that the date of the next scheduled Town Council meeting is 20th June 2023.