To the Members of the Town Council of Louth:
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Louth Town Council which will be held on Tuesday 29th June 2021 in The Old Court Room, The Sessions House, Eastgate, Louth at 7pm. The business to be dealt with at the meeting is listed in the agenda below.
Please note, there will be a 15 minute public
forum between 6.45pm and 7.00pm when members of the public may ask questions or make short statements to the Council, and your attendance is requested during this period.
Any public, wishing to speak on an agenda item or ‘sit in’ on the meeting(s) please contact the Town Clerk, using the above email address, in advance to discuss attendance arrangements. If possible, please provide written representation rather than attending in person. Please note, members of the public will also be able to join the meeting using Zoom.
Members of the public should note that they will not be allowed to speak during the formal meeting.
Mrs. L.M. Phillips
Dated this 24th Day of June 2021
Safety Precautions due to COVID-19:
Louth Town Council has a legal responsibility to protect its officers, elected members and others from risk to their health and safety, including from the risks of COVID-19. Therefore, in line with government guidance, the following measures have been implemented. In order to keep the meeting length as short as possible, items on the agenda have been limited. Please wear a face mask at all times, unless you have an exemption. If you have an exemption, please send proof of this to the Town Clerk at least one day before the meeting. Those attending should ensure to socially distance at all times. If you are able, please consider walking to the meeting, the car park layout has been changed to assist social distancing and therefore parking spaces are limited. Please do not congregate in groups in the car park or on the drive. Please join the queuing system which will be in place to gain entry into the building. Please follow the one-way system within the building to enter and exit. Upon arrival please allow your temperature to be taken. Please sanitise your hands. Please check in using the NHS Test and Trace App or enter your details on the track and trace form. Please enter the Old Court Room when you are asked, take the next available seat which will be indicated to you by a member of staff. Please do not touch items other than your own. Please note that there will be no tables available at the meeting. If you wish to take notes, please bring paper, a pen and a clipboard. Do not share any items. All papers etc., must be taken away with you. No drinks will be available. Please bring a bottle of water with you, if required. If you have received a letter to inform you that you are extremely clinically vulnerable (you may have been asked to shield in the past), please inform the Town Clerk by email well in advance of the meeting. Please do not come to the meeting if you have any symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is sick. Please inform the Town Clerk as far in advance of the meeting as possible if you will not be able to attend. Please dress warmly if the weather is inclement as the Old Court Room will be well ventilated. Please note that the rules of debate as prescribed within Standing Orders will be adhered to. If you wish to speak during the meeting, you will need to raise your hand, the Chairman will note this and you will be called to make your way to the microphone when it is your turn. You should keep your mask on at all times and avoid touching surfaces, if possible.
(Membership: All Cllrs.)
- Apologies for Absence
To receive and note apologies where valid reasons for absence have been given to the Town Clerk at least one hour prior to the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest / Dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act, 2011 – being any pecuniary interest in agenda items not previously recorded on Members’ Register of Interests and any written requests for dispensation received by the Proper Officer under section 22 of the Localism Act.
- Council Minutes
To approve as a correct record the notes of the Council Meeting held on 6th May 2021. (Attached).
On a recommendation by FOG, Council to note/approve/authorise the following:
- Receipts and Payments – Cashbooks 1 and 2 – Month 12
- Cash Book 1 Receipts £10,302.33 Payments £37,067.19
- Cash Book 2 Receipts £100.00 Payments £143.10
- Detailed Income and Expenditure Report (Budget Variance Report) as at Month 12 to 31st March 2021.
- Earmarked Reserves Report as at 31st March 2021.
- Cashbook 1 and 2 Bank Reconciliations which reconcile to account statements showing balances as follows:
- Lloyds Treasurers Account (balance on statement 52) – £314,829.37
- Petty Cash (balance as at 31st March 2020) – £192.30
- Receipts and Payments – Cashbooks 1 and 2 – Month 12
- Lloyds Deposit Account (balance on statement 5) – £166,650.51
- National Savings and Investment Account (balance on statement 9) – £111,323.47
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) 2020/21
- To receive and note the report of the internal auditor. (Attached).
- To receive the Balance Sheet for the year ended 31st March 2021 and approve signing by the Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). (Attached).
- To approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1 of the AGAR) for the financial year 2020/21 and authorise signing by the Chairman and the Town Clerk. (Attached).
- To approve the Accounting Statements (Section 2 of the AGAR) for the financial year 2020/21 as certified by the RFO and authorise signing by the Chairman. (Attached).
- To approve the dates for public inspection these being 1st July 2021 to 11th August 2021.
- Working Group
Council to establish the following working group as a working group to the Council and approve name and remit, suggestion below and confirm membership.
Name: Louth Environment Working Group. Remit: To focus attention on the wider environment in Louth and address issues relating to the environment and sustainability where relevant to Louth Town Council’s broader remit.
- Committees of the Council
Following correspondence received in accordance with Standing Orders, Council to reconsider the resolution made at Town Council on 6th May 2021 under minute no. T8, specifically to consider increasing the membership of the Personnel Committee by two and confirm those two.
- Louth United Charities
Council to note that Cllr. AL’s term of office with the above will expire in August 2021. He would like to stand again. Council to elect a representative.
- King Edward VI Almshouse, School and Educational Charities
Council to note that Cllr. Mrs. EB’s term of office with the above will expire in August 2021. She would like to stand again. Council to elect a representative.
- Business Rate Relief
Council to consider delegating authority to the Town Clerk to sign the Louth Navigation Trust’s application to ELDC for Business Rate Relief on behalf of the Town Council to confirm the Town Council’s support for such.