07-11-23 PERS MINS
MINUTES OF THE LOUTH TOWN COUNCIL PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
HELD IN THE OLD COURT ROOM, THE SESSIONS HOUSE, LOUTH
ON TUESDAY 23rd May 2023.
Present Councillor Mrs. J. Makinson-Sanders (JMS) (in the chair).
Councillors: Mrs. E. Ballard (EB), J. Baskett (JB), Mrs. S. Crew (SC), H. Filer (HF), D. Hobson (DH), G.E. Horton (GEH),
Councillors not present: All committee members were present.
The Town Clerk, Mrs. L.M. Phillips was also present.
- Election of the Personnel Committee Chairman
It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Mrs. JMS be elected as Chairman. JMS took the Chair.
- Election of the Personnel Committee Vice Chairman
It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Mrs. SC should be elected as Vice Chairman.
- Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest / Dispensations
There were no declarations of interest.
It was RESOLVED that the notes of the Personnel Committee meetings held on 4th April 2023 and 3rd May 2023 be approved as the Minutes.
- Closed Session
The Committee resolved to move into closed session in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the business to be discussed in the following item, information being of a confidential and sensitive nature in relation to Personnel.
- Sickness – The Committee received details of sickness levels in the year to date of both its staff and its volunteers.
- Holiday – The Committee noted that 1st quarter letters confirming entitlement, when holiday must be taken by and amount left had been issued.
- Accidents – The Committee noted that a bee sting had been sustained by a member of staff and were updated on its volunteers.
- Probationary Period – The Committee noted that the end of the 3 month probationary period for one of its employees was approaching and that a review was imminent. It was RESOLVED that the probationary period should be extended to 6 months.
- Next Meeting
It was noted that the date of the next scheduled Personnel Committee meeting was 31st October 2023.
The Meeting Closed at 9.05pm.
Signed_______________________ (Chairman) Dated_________________________