10-31-23 PERS MINS
MINUTES OF THE LOUTH TOWN COUNCIL PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
HELD IN THE OLD COURT ROOM, THE SESSIONS HOUSE, LOUTH
ON TUESDAY 31ST October 2023
Present Councillor Mrs. J. Makinson-Sanders (JMS) (in the chair).
Councillors: Mrs. E. Ballard (EB), J. Baskett (JB), Mrs. S. Crew (SC), D. Hobson (DH),
Councillors not present: H. Filer (HF), G.E. Horton (GEH)
The Town Clerk, Mrs. L.M. Phillips was also present.
- Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest / Dispensations
There were no declarations of interest.
It was RESOLVED that the notes of the Personnel Committee meetings held on 11th July 2023 be approved as the Minutes.
- Local Government Pay Claim 2023/24
The Committee noted that no agreement had been reached to date.
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
The Committee received an update on regulations and RESOLVED as a good employer, to make arrangements to provide eye tests to office staff and should spectacles be required for DSE work to bring back and consider making a contribution towards them.
It was RESOLVED to authorise implementation going forwards of expenditure on a Christmas gift for staff. This to be the purchase of a voucher from a local business of staff’s choice, in the sum of £30 per staff member.
- Closed Session
The Committee resolved to move into closed session in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the business to be discussed in the following item, information being of a confidential and sensitive nature in relation to Personnel.
- Accidents – The Committee noted that there had been no accidents in the period.
- Sickness – The Committee received details of sickness levels in the year to date of both its staff and its volunteers.
- Holiday – The Committee noted that 2nd quarter letters confirming entitlement, when holiday must be taken by and amount left had been issued.
- Probationary Period – The Committee noted that the end of the 6 month probationary period for one of its employees was approaching and that if the Committee had no qualms the position would thereafter be made permanent. No qualms were raised.
- Future Staffing – The Committee received details of a small in office, short term project on the horizon which was quite menial and could be done on relatively short hours per week. The Committee noted that there were some funds in the salaries budget available but these were not extensive. It was RESOLVED that the Town Clerk should investigate with LALC the possibility of employing a student on a short fixed term basis and if given the all clear should proceed with this.
- Next Meeting
It was noted that the date of the next scheduled Personnel Committee meeting was 30th January 2024.
The Meeting Closed at 10.30pm.
Signed_______________________ (Chairman) Dated_________________________